Published on March 16 (Updated March 17)Dear Pivot Charter School Friends and Family: This is a Community Health Alert regarding information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the proactive steps Pivot is taking to ensure the safety of all students and adults. Based on recent collaboration with Butte County districts and charter schools, the Pivot Charter School North Valley resource centers are closed as of Monday, March 16th. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will be in touch with parents and students directly regarding when the resource centers will reopen. This decision was made to curb the potential transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout our communities. Pivot Charter School is prepared and uniquely qualified to be able to handle these types of emergencies as all of our students can continue making progress in their academics through their online courses which are available 24 hours a day. All of our teachers will be working and overseeing your students’ academics each school day from their homes. They will be expecting students to complete their required number of assignments. Teachers will be communicating with students and parents as frequently as usual, and they will be expecting responses as usual.
- Parent & student communication with your EC is essential, not optional.
- Students must login and complete schoolwork every school day.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Getting vaccinated for the flu if you have not already.